civil engineer, Msc, PhD.
Budapest 1521 Műegyetem rkp.1-3. K.III.24 / 4.
Date of birth: Székesfehérvár, 9 July 1961
Marital status: Married, three children
- 1975-79 Secondary technical school for road construction and road maintenance
- 1980-85 Civil Engineering Department of the Technical University of Budapest
- 1986-87 Postgraduate course on applied mathematics at the Technical University of Budapest
- 1989-90 Postgraduate Structural Designer Master School of the Scientific Society of Building
- 8 April-13 May 2000 Postgraduate course on teaching methods, Ausbildungszentrum des Schweizerischen Baumeisterverbandes
- June 1985 MSc degree in Civil Engineering (Structural Engineer), Technical University of Budapest
- July. 1997. Dr. (Ph.D.) degree in Civil Engineering, Technical University of Budapest
- 1994 English (intermediate)
- 1997 Russian (passive)
- 1985-90 Structural designer at the Institute of Design Development and Technology, Budapest
- 1986-87 Part-time assistant lecturer at Ybl Miklos Polytechnic, Budapest
- 1990-92 Assistant lecturer at Ybl Miklos Polytechnic, Budapest
- 1992-96 Lecturer at Ybl Miklos Polytechnic, Budapest
- 1993-94 Part-time researcher at Department of Strength of Materials, Technical University of Budapest
- 1996-99 Assistant professor at Department of Strength of Materials and Structures, Technical University of Budapest
- 1999-date Associate professor at Department of Strength of Materials and Structures (new name: Department of Mechanics, Materials and Structures), Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- 2008-date head of the Department of Mechanics, Materials and Structures, Budapest University of Technology and Economics
Prizes, acknowledgement, scholarships
- 1992 Jul. 23-1993 May. 26. Imre Korányi Scolarship, Cornell University, Ithaca, USA. Granted by: The Thomas Cholnoky Foundation, Inc.
- 2001 Sept.- 2004 Aug. István Széchenyi Scholarship. Granted by: Hungarian Ministry of Education.
- 2009 TDK teacher sholarship. Granted by: Pro Progressio Foundation.
- 2011 Plaquette for „TDK MUNKÁÉRT”. Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- 2014 Plaquette for „TDK MUNKÁÉRT”. BME. Budapest University of Technology and Economics
Statistics of publications
- 1 book, 6 book chapters, 9 technical reports and 42 papers (17 in foreign language), 5 electronic publications (1 in foreign language)
- Number of independent citations: 40
- Two completed PhD
- Four running PhD
- Application of shotcrete technology in building industry.
- Design of reinforcement of membrane shells.
- Internal forces of membrane shells.
- Buckling of spherical shells.
- Civil engineering applications of fractal geometry.
- The effect of internal structure on the behavior concrete and reinforced concrete structures.
- Behavior of masonry walls and domes.
- Sher stresses of variable cross-section beams.
- Design of composite RC joints.
- Design of cantilevered staircases.
- 1993-2004; 2008-date American Concrete Institute
- 1996- Hungarian Chamber of Engineers
- 1998-2000 Board member of the Menyhard Istvan Foundation
- 1999- Hungarian Group of International Federation for Structural Concrete (fib)
- 2010-2012 Member of the jury of award of Section of Civil and Architectural Engineering of Hungarian Scientific Research Fund
- 2014-date Member of Section of Engineering Sciences of Hungarian Academy of Sciences